Karen E. Hinkle
Karen E. Hinkle is an associate at Hirst Applegate, where she has practiced since 2017. Prior to joining Hirst Applegate, she served as an active duty Judge Advocate with the United States Air Force. Her last tour was at Francis E. Warren Air Force Base, where she was the Area Defense Counsel and represented Airmen undergoing adverse military actions, including courts-martial. Currently Karen’s practice is focused on general civil litigation, including premises liability and personal injury defense.
Summer 2017 – present – Associate, Hirst Applegate, LLP
2011 – summer 2017 – Judge Advocate, United States Air Force
- 2015-2017, Area Defense Counsel (Air Force Legal Operations Agency, F.E. Warren Air Force Base, Wyoming)
- 2014-2015, Chief of Military Justice (90th Missile Wing, F.E. Warren Air Force Base, Wyoming)
- 2013-2014, Chief of International Law (51st Fighter Wing, Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea)
- 2011-2013, Chief of Installation Law (11th Wing, Joint Base Andrews, Maryland)
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D. 2011
- Kansas State University, B.A. (Journalism), 2002
- Wichita State University, B.F.A. (Theatre), 1999
- Illinois State Bar
- Wyoming State Bar
- Defense Lawyers Association of Wyoming
After being assigned to F.E. Warren Air Force Base, Karen decided she enjoyed the area so much that she wanted to stay. She enjoys renovating her historic home, gardening, music, and training her dogs.