Khale J. Lenhart
Shelley G. Volz
Khale J. Lenhart is a partner at Hirst Applegate, where he has practiced since 2011. Prior to joining Hirst Applegate, he was a litigation associate at a large regional law firm. Khale is a 2009 graduate of Harvard Law School, where he was an Executive Editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy. His practice is focused on civil litigation, including professional liability, personal injury, product liability and trucking.
- 2017 to Present – Partner, Hirst Applegate, LLP.
- Practice areas include: Civil Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation, Trucking Litigation, Products Liability Litigation, and Professional Liability Litigation.
- 2011 – 2016 – Associate, Hirst Applegate, LLP.
- 2009-2011 – Associate, Holland & Hart, LLP
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2009
- Lee University, B.A. (Political Science), summa cum laude, 2006
- Thomas v. Rosenberger, 2015 WY 7, 341 P.3d 390 (Wyo. 2015)
- Moats v. Prof’l Assistance, LLC, 2014 WY 6, 319 P.3d 892 (Wyo. 2014)
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- Presentation, “Contractual Indemnity and Additional Insureds,” The Harmonie Group Construction and Transportation Seminar, Dallas, TX, June 2016
- Co Author, “Medicare Liens, Why They Matter and What to Do About Them,” Wyo. Lawyer Feb. 2016
- Author, “Wyoming Election Law: Proposals For Reform,” 12 Wyo. Law. R. 29 (2012)
- Chapter Co-Author, “Uranium Mining and Milling,” The American Law of Mining, Second Edition, Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation, Matthew Bender & Co., New York (2010)
ACTIVITIES & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- 2015 – Present: Vice President of Amicus Briefing, DLAW
- 2015 – Leadership Wyoming Graduate
- 2013 – Present: Chairman, Laramie County Library System, Board of Directors
- 2012 – Present: Rotary Club of Cheyenne
- 2009 – 2012: Cheyenne Housing and Community Development Advisory Council
- 2006 – 2009: Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, Executive Editor
- Wyoming Bar Association
- American Inns of Court
- Defense Lawyers of Wyoming
- The Harmonie Group
Mr. Lenhart and his wife Sarah have two children, Harper and Lillian. He is an avid hockey fan and is politically active supporting and advising political candidates and officials at multiple levels of government.