Robert C. Jarosh
Shannon M. Ward
Robert C. Jarosh is a nationally recognized trial lawyer and partner at Hirst Applegate, where he has practiced law since 2003. Highly ranked by Martindale-Hubbell (AV), and recognized by Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America, Benchmark Litigation, and Chambers USA-America’s Leading Lawyers, Mr. Jarosh primarily practices in the area of civil litigation, including personal injury, wrongful death, employment, products liability, commercial, and complex civil litigation. Mr. Jarosh also provides employment law counseling and training to various clients throughout the State of Wyoming. Prior to joining Hirst Applegate, Mr. Jarosh was a litigation associate at a prestigious international law firm, and prior to that he clerked for the Honorable William C. Beaman in the United States District Court for the District of Wyoming. Mr. Jarosh is currently the President Elect of the Wyoming State Bar.
2003 to Present – Partner, Hirst Applegate, LLP
- Managing Partner (2010-Present)
- Practice areas: Civil Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation, Products Liability Litigation, Employment Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Construction Litigation, and Employment Counseling, including Employment Law Training.
2002 to 2003 – Associate, Hogan & Hartson, LLP
- Practice areas: Civil Litigation, Employment, Products Liability Litigation, Securities Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation, and Contract Litigation.
2001 to 2002 – Law Clerk, Honorable William C. Beaman, United States District Court for Wyoming
- University of Wyoming, J.D. with honor (Order of the Coif), 2001
- University of Wyoming, M.A. (Political Science), 1995
- University of Wyoming, B.S. with Honor, 1993
- Won appeal before Wyoming Supreme Court on behalf of school district in breach of contract claim by former teacher.
- Obtained summary judgment for operator of mineral plant in wrongful death action.
- Obtained summary judgment for international news agencies in federal court defamation action.
- Successfully defended heavy equipment manufacturer in a state court trial where plaintiff sought $9 million in personal injury damages.
- Successfully tried a complex construction contract case in federal court and received a $6.2 million verdict and nearly $1 million in interest for a general contractor.
- Tried and obtained defense verdict in wrongful termination and due process jury trial brought by former school district superintendent. (affirmed on appeal)
- Obtained summary judgment and affirmation on appeal for a former state employee in a RICO case.
- Obtained dismissal for lack of jurisdiction in a federal case on behalf of Canadian manufacturer of an oil rig
- Tried and obtained defense verdict in case brought for personal injuries suffered in an accident on a 131-foot manlift.
- LCSD No. 1 v. Kinstler, 2015 WY 143 (2015)
- Wyoming Sunmade, LLC v. Toolcraft Co., 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 89983 (D. Wyo. June 29, 2015)
- Wyoming Corporate Services v. CNBC, LLC, 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 104094, 2014 WL 3686422 (D. Wyo. 2014)
- Kruckenberg v. Ding Masters, Inc., 2008 WY 40 (2008)
- Eastman v. Union Pacific Railroad, 493 F.3d 1151 (10th Cir. 2007)
- United States Aviation Underwriters, Inc. v. Dassault Aviation, 2007 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 35028 (D. Wyo. 2007)
- Killian v. Caza Drilling, Inc., 2006 WY 42 (2006)
- Briefing.com v. Jones, 2006 WY 16 (2006)
- Boswell v. Colloid Envtl. Techs. Co., 236 F.R.D. 682 (D. Wyo. 2006)
ACTIVITIES & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Recognized by Chambers USA in the area of Labor & Employment and General Commercial Litigation
- Recognized by Benchmark Litigation as a Litigation Star in General Commercial Litigation
- Recognized as a Super Lawyer
- AV rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Recognized in Best Lawyers in America for Commercial Litigation, Labor & Employment, and Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- President-Elect Wyoming State Bar 2016-2017
- Vice President, Wyoming State Bar 2015-2016
- 2009 to 2014: Board of Continuing Legal Education, Wyoming State Bar
- Member of University of Wyoming’s Athletic Director’s Council
- Board of Directors, University of Wyoming Cowboy Joe Club (Athletic Scholarship Club)
- 2007 to 2013: State Representative, Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- 2005 to present: District, State, and National Judge for “We the People – The Citizens and the Constitution” Educational Program
- 2000 to 2001: Editor-in-Chief, Wyoming Law Review
- What’s Happening to Your Law Practice While You’re Practicing Law, Defense Lawyers Association of Wyoming Annual Convention, August 2016
- Lesson from the Trenches – What I’ve Learned from Litigating Employment Cases for School Districts and Colleges, Wyoming School Boards Association Summer Law Conference, July 2015
- Employment Law – Avoid Becoming THAT Station, Wyoming Association of Broadcasters Annual Convention, June 2013
- Workplace Drug Testing – As Clear as Smoke, Wyoming Hospital Association Annual Convention, September 2012
- Employment Law – Your Turn to Learn, Frontier Human Resources Association, May 2011
- Employment Law – Your Turn to Learn, Wyoming Association of Broadcasters Annual Convention, June 2006
- Employment Law Training – Various educational institutions and private companies
- Wyoming State Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- DRI-Defense Research Institute
- DLAW-Defense Lawyer Association of Wyoming
Mr. Jarosh and his wife have two children,