Jason G. Mitchell
Jason G. Mitchell is an associate at Hirst Applegate, LLP. Jason earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with a minor in Supply Chain Management from the University of Wyoming in 2015. Jason worked for a third-party logistics company before attending law school.
Jason earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of Wyoming College of Law with honors in 2020. While in law school, he served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Wyoming Law Review and published a case note during his time as a staff member for the publication. Jason was named the Archie G. McClintock Outstanding Law Student of the Year in 2019. Jason also provided legal writing guidance to hew law students as a Teacher’s Assistant for the law school legal writing program, and was further involved in various law student initiatives and competitions. During his first summer of law school, Jason externed for the Honorable Nancy D. Freudenthal of the United States District for the District of Wyoming. Jason spent his second summer of law school as a law clerk for Hirst Applegate, LLP.
2020 to Present – Associate, Hirst Applegate, LLP.
- Practice areas: Civil Litigation, Professional Liability, Employment Law, Transportation Law, Personal Injury Law, Commercial Litigation, and Insurance Defense
Summer 2019 – Law Clerk, Hirst Applegate, LLP
Summer 2018 – Extern, Honorable Nancy D. Freudenthal, United States District Court for the District of Wyoming
- University of Wyoming, College of Law, J.D., with honors 2020
- University of Wyoming, B.A. (Business Administration, minor is Supply Chain Management), 2015
- Unoccupied: How a Single Word Affects Wyoming’s Ability to Regulate Tribal Hunting Throught a Federal Treaty; Herrera v. Wyoming, 10 Wyo. L. Rev. 271 (2019)
- Wyoming State Bar Association
- United States District Court for the District of Wyoming
Jason, a Colorado transplant, fell in love with Wyoming and all of its outdoor activities. He enjoys spending time with his family, friends, colleagues, and his motorcycle.