John P. Fritz
John P. Fritz is an estate planning and transactional attorney with Hirst Applegate, LLP. He believes estate planning is for everyone, no matter the individual’s (or couple’s) wealth. John focuses his practice on crafting wills, trusts, powers of attorney, health care directives, and gifting strategies to minimize estate tax liability. John also helps clients navigate probate, business organization (formation, operation, and dissolution), and real estate transactions. Whether estate planning, business organization, or real estate transactions, however, John dedicates himself to delivering results specifically tailored to meet your legal needs and desires.
2020 to Present – Associate, Hirst Applegate, LLP.
- Practice areas: Estate Planning, Trust and Estate Administration, Corporate and Business Law, and Real Estate Law
2019 to 2020 – Law Clerk, Wyoming Supreme Court Justice Lynne Boomgaarden
Summer 2018 – Extern, United States District Court for the District of Wyoming Chief Magistrate Judge Kelly Rankin
2017 – 2019 – Legal intern, University of Wyoming Office of General Counsel
- University of Wyoming, College of Law, J.D., 2019
- University of Wyoming, B.A. (Political Science, minor in Gender and Women’s Studies)
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- LCCC Life Enrichment Courses on Probate, Wills, Trusts, and Gun Trusts
- This Land Was My Land, But Now It’s Their Land, the Anthem of Adverse Possession in Wyoming, Wyoming State Bar Young Lawyers Section (June 2021)
- Wyoming Probate 101, NFTA (November 2021)
- Wyoming Probate Forms, Inventory and Tax Returns Tutorial, National Business Institute (December 2021)
- Various Estate Planning Life Enrichment Courses, Laramie County Community College (Spring 2022)
- The Wild, Wild West: The Mechanics and Potential Uses of Trust Decanting, 19 Wyo. L. Rev. 327 (2019)
- Wyoming State Bar Association
- United States District Court for the District of Wyoming
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Ewing T. Kerr American Inn of Court
John was born in Texas but has lived most of his life in Wyoming. When not working, John enjoys golfing, hiking and backpacking, brewing, and most importantly, spending time with his wife, Kate, and their dog, Joan.
Contact John P. Fritz