John P. Fritz
John P. Fritz is an estate planning and transactional attorney with Hirst Applegate, LLP. He believes estate planning is for everyone, no matter the individual’s (or couple’s) wealth. John focuses his practice on crafting wills, trusts, powers of attorney, health care directives, and gifting strategies to minimize estate tax liability. John also helps clients navigate probate, business organization (formation, operation, and dissolution), and real estate transactions. Whether estate planning, business organization, or real estate transactions, however, John dedicates himself to delivering results specifically tailored to meet your legal needs and desires.
2020 to Present – Associate, Hirst Applegate, LLP.
- Practice areas: Civil Litigation, Professional Liability, Employment Law, Transportation Law, Personal Injury Law, Commercial Litigation, Insurance Defense, and Real Estate
2019 to 2020 – Law Clerk, Wyoming Supreme Court Justice Lynne Boomgaarden
Summer 2018 – Extern, United States District Court for the District of Wyoming Chief Magistrate Judge Kelly Rankin
2017 – 2019 – Legal intern, University of Wyoming Office of General Counsel
- University of Wyoming, College of Law, J.D., 2019
- University of Wyoming, B.A. (Political Science, minor in Gender and Women’s Studies)
- The Wild, Wild West: The Mechanics and Potential Uses of Trust Decanting, 19 Wyo. L. Rev. 327 (2019)
- Wyoming State Bar Association
- United States District Court for the District of Wyoming
- Ewing T. Kerr American Inn of Court
John was born in Texas but has lived most of his life in Wyoming. When not working, John enjoys golfing, hiking and backpacking, brewing, and most importantly, spending time with his fiance’e Kate and their dog Joan.