Laurene S. Rogers
An associate at Hirst Applegate, LLP since 2016, Laurie Rogers represents diverse local and national clients in matters of civil litigation, employment law, transportation law, personal injury law, transportation law, and insurance defense.
Prior to her law career, Laurie was a business owner, operations manager and consultant. She co-founded a commercial printing business in Fort Collins, Colorado that three times made the Mercury 100 as one of the fastest-growing private companies in Northern Colorado; twice it was in the top 25 companies overall, across industries. Laurie also has more than twenty years of experience in the nonprofit sector, as a board member, fundraiser and conference and event planner, grant writer, and advisor.
Laurie graduated with honors from the University of Wyoming College of Law, where she was a Brimmer Scholar and received the Excellence in Advocacy Award. She was also named the Outstanding Law Student of the University of Wyoming for 2015 by the National Association of Women Lawyers.
Laurie served as an extern for the Honorable Nancy D. Freudenthal, Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Wyoming. As a member of the UW law school’s Prosecution Assistance Clinic, Laurie also successfully represented the State in a criminal appeal before the Wyoming Supreme Court.
Notably, Laurie was a member of the team that placed third in the nation in West Virginia University Law School’s National Energy and Sustainability Moot Court Competition. She also participated in the College of Law’s 2014 Spence Law Historical Trial where she and co-counsel, Governor Mike Sullivan, “represented” Senator Alan Simpson in a mock trial based on the 1890s Cattle War of Johnson County.
Laurie received her B.A. in environmental studies from the University of California at Santa Barbara, where she was a Regents Scholar.
- Associate, Hirst Applegate, LLP, 2016 – present
- Practice areas: Civil Litigation, Employment Law, Transportation Law, Personal Injury Law, Commercial Litigation, and Insurance Defense
- Law Clerk, Hirst Applegate, LLP – Fall 2015, Summer 2014
- Extern, Honorable Nancy D. Freudenthal, Chief Judge, United States District Court for Wyoming, Summer 2013
- Founder and Vice President, Color Pro Printing, Inc., Fort Collins, Colorado, 1997 – 2007
- 2015: University of Wyoming, J.D. with honors
- 1990: University of California, Santa Barbara (Environmental Studies)
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- Co-authored the Wyoming Chapter of the Wolters Kluwer Product Liability Desk Reference – A Fifty-State Compendium (2017 ed.)
- Wyoming State Bar Association
- Defense Lawyers Association of Wyoming
- 2016 – Present: Central High School, Cheyenne Mock Trial Team Coach – 2016 Wyoming State Champions
- 2016 – Present – Cheyenne Liberty Day Volunteer,
- 2006 – Present – Founding and Continuing Member, Larimer County Women Give
- Larimer County Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA)
- Canyon Concert Ballet Board Member and Foundation Board Founder/Member
- Food Aid Project Board Member
- Poudre High School (Fort Collins) Cross-Country Coach
- Laurie has two grown children. If she’s not working, she’s likely running the local trails.
Contact Laurene S. Rogers