Shaina A. Case
Keelie J. Fike
Shaina A. Case focuses her practice in estate planning and estate and trust administration as she believes that preparing an estate plan is a gift we give ourselves while alive and well and one of the last gifts we can give our loved ones. She also helps clients in forcible entry and detainer actions, (evictions), real estate matters, corporate and business law, and employment law. Shaina enjoys working with clients and ensuring that they are informed and heard.
January 2017 to Present – Associate, Hirst Applegate, LLP.
- Practice areas: Estate Planning, Estate Administration, Real Estate, Civil Litigation, Employment Law and Insurance Defense
September 2014 – October 2016 – Associate, Davis & Cannon, LLP
September 2013 – September 2014 – Law Clerk, The Honorable Kelly H. Rankin, U.S. Chief Magistrate Judge for the District of Wyoming
- University of Wyoming, J.D., (with honors), 2013
- University of Wyoming, B.A., (Spanish), 2010
- University of Wyoming, B.A., (Criminal Justice), 2010
PRESENTATIONS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Step-by-Step Guide to Drafting Wills and Trusts – Key Elements of Effective Wills, National Business Institute Seminar (November 2018)
The Probate Process from Start to Finish – Law of Intestate Succession & Handling Claims Against the Estate, National Business Institute Seminar (December 2017)
- Trusts from A to Z – Generation Skipping/Dynasty Trusts & Charitable Trusts, National Business Institute Seminar (June 2017)
- Managing Employee Leaves of Absence, National Business Institute Seminar, Employment Law (2015) (co-author with Amanda F. Esch of Davis & Cannon, LLP)
- Thank you for “Taking Our Jobs” : The Importance of Integrating the Migrant Farmworker into the United States, 13 WYO. L.Rev. 349 (2013)
- Estate Planning Presentations: Shaina enjoys presenting at no-cost speaking engagements to meet with the Laramie County community and to answer questions and discuss the importance, process, and goals of estate planning and why people need wills and trusts in our wild west State of Wyoming. Examples of recent presentation locations include: Blue Federal Credit Union, Holy Trinity Catholic Church, United Methodist Church, LCCC, and Saint Paul’s Lutheran Church (partnered with Thrivent Financial).
COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- CASA of Laramie County
- Equal Justice Wyoming Volunteer
- Volunteer, Children’s Liturgy, Holy Trinity Catholic Church
- Southeast Wyoming Estate Planning Council (2017 to current)
- Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce Red Carpet Committee (2017 to current; 2019 acting Vice Chair)
- Business Networking International (2018 to current)
- Wyoming State Bar Association (2013 to current)
- United States District Court for the District of Wyoming (2014 to current)
- United States Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals (2015 to current)
- Wyoming Civil Pattern Jury Instruction Committee (2017-2019)
- Ewing T. Kerr American Inn of Court, (2013 to current, 2017-2019 acting Secretary)
When not working with clients, Shaina enjoys spending time with her husband and young daughter, reading, running, playing piano, attending and participating in Chamber and other community events, giving presentations and writing articles on the importance of estate planning, and volunteering for her church and CASA.