Shaina A. Case
Keelie J. Fike
Shaina A. Case joined Hirst Applegate, LLP in January 2017 and focuses her practice in estate planning and administration. Shaina also assists clients in forcible entry and detainer actions, civil litigation, real estate, and employment law. Before joining the firm, she clerked for the Honorable Kelly H. Rankin, United States Chief Magistrate Judge for the District of Wyoming.
In 2013, Shaina graduated with honors from the University of Wyoming College of Law, where she was a member of the Wyoming Law Review and published a comment. She earned bachelor degrees in both Spanish and Criminal Justice in 2010 from the University of Wyoming, where she studied abroad in Guanajuato, Mexico and played snare in the Western Thunder Marching Band drumline.
January 2017 to Present – Associate, Hirst Applegate, LLP.
- Practice areas: Estate Planning, Estate Administration, Real Estate, Civil Litigation, Employment Law and Insurance Defense
September 2014 – October 2016 – Associate, Davis & Cannon, LLP
September 2013 – September 2014 – Law Clerk, The Honorable Kelly H. Rankin, U.S. Chief Magistrate Judge for the District of Wyoming
- University of Wyoming, J.D., (with honors), 2013
- University of Wyoming, B.A., (Spanish), 2010
- University of Wyoming, B.A., (Criminal Justice), 2010
PRESENTATIONS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- The Probate Process from Start to Finish – Law of Intestate Succession & Handling Claims Against the Estate, National Business Institute Seminar (December 2017)
- Trusts from A to Z – Generation Skipping/Dynasty Trusts & Charitable Trusts, National Business Institute Seminar (June 2017)
- Managing Employee Leaves of Absence, National Business Institute Seminar, Employment Law (2015) (co-author with Amanda F. Esch of Davis & Cannon, LLP)
- Thank you for “Taking Our Jobs” : The Importance of Integrating the Migrant Farmworker into the United States, 13 WYO. L.Rev. 349 (2013)
- Estate Planning Presentations: Shaina enjoys presenting at no-cost speaking engagements to meet with persons in the community and to answer questions and discuss the importance, process, and goals of estate planning.
COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- CASA of Laramie County
- Equal Justice Wyoming Volunteer
- Southeast Wyoming Estate Planning Council
- Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce Red Carpet Committee
- Wyoming State Bar Association
- United States District Court for the District of Wyoming
- United States Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Wyoming Civil Pattern Jury Instruction Committee
- Defense Lawyers Association of Wyoming
- Ewing T. Kerr American Inn of Court, Secretary 2017-2018
Shaina is a Wyoming native, growing up in Douglas. She and her husband have one daughter.