Shaina A. Case
Keelie J. Fike
Shaina A. Case focuses her practice in estate planning and administration as she believes that preparing an estate plan is a gift we give ourselves while alive and well and one of the last gifts we can give our loved ones. She also helps clients in forcible entry and detainer actions, (evictions), real estate matters, and civil litigation and employment law. Shaina enjoys working with clients and ensuring that they are informed and heard.
When not working with clients, Shaina enjoys spending time with her husband and young daughter, reading, running, playing piano, attending and participating in Chamber and other community events, and volunteering for CASA.
January 2017 to Present – Associate, Hirst Applegate, LLP.
- Practice areas: Estate Planning, Estate Administration, Real Estate, Civil Litigation, Employment Law and Insurance Defense
September 2014 – October 2016 – Associate, Davis & Cannon, LLP
September 2013 – September 2014 – Law Clerk, The Honorable Kelly H. Rankin, U.S. Chief Magistrate Judge for the District of Wyoming
- University of Wyoming, J.D., (with honors), 2013
- University of Wyoming, B.A., (Spanish), 2010
- University of Wyoming, B.A., (Criminal Justice), 2010
PRESENTATIONS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- The Probate Process from Start to Finish – Law of Intestate Succession & Handling Claims Against the Estate, National Business Institute Seminar (December 2017)
- Trusts from A to Z – Generation Skipping/Dynasty Trusts & Charitable Trusts, National Business Institute Seminar (June 2017)
- Managing Employee Leaves of Absence, National Business Institute Seminar, Employment Law (2015) (co-author with Amanda F. Esch of Davis & Cannon, LLP)
- Thank you for “Taking Our Jobs” : The Importance of Integrating the Migrant Farmworker into the United States, 13 WYO. L.Rev. 349 (2013)
- Estate Planning Presentations: Shaina enjoys presenting at no-cost speaking engagements to meet with persons in the community and to answer questions and discuss the importance, process, and goals of estate planning.
COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- CASA of Laramie County
- Equal Justice Wyoming Volunteer
- Volunteer, Children’s Liturgy, Holy Trinity Catholic Church
- Southeast Wyoming Estate Planning Council
- Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce Red Carpet Committee
- Wyoming State Bar Association
- United States District Court for the District of Wyoming
- United States Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Wyoming Civil Pattern Jury Instruction Committee
- Defense Lawyers Association of Wyoming
- Ewing T. Kerr American Inn of Court, Secretary 2017-2018
Shaina is a Wyoming native, growing up in Douglas (home of the Jackalope!). Shaina furthered her Spanish by living in Guanajuato, Mexico for a year and supported the Wyoming Cowboys, playing snare drum in the Western Thunder Marching Band drumline, while in college.