Shaina A. Case
Keelie J. Fike
Shaina A. Case is a client-centered attorney with Hirst Applegate, LLP, focusing her practice in wills, trusts, powers of attorney, probate, and trust administration. As a mother, spouse, sister, and daughter, Shaina believes that preparing an holistic estate plan is a gift we bestow upon ourselves while alive and well and one of the last gifts we can give our loved ones.
She also helps clients by drafting and preparing real estate purchase agreements, handling easement/access issues, drafting and advising on leases and a variety of other contracts, assisting with evictions, and forming business entities and advising businesses after formation. Shaina also represents and defends employers in handling discrimination charges filed against them with labor standards.
Most of all, Shaina’s client-centered practice means she cares about those she represents and ensures her clients are informed and heard.
January 2017 to Present – Associate, Hirst Applegate, LLP.
- Practice areas: Estate Planning, Estate Administration, Real Estate, Corporate and Business Law, and Employment Law
September 2014 – October 2016 – Associate, Davis & Cannon, LLP
September 2013 – September 2014 – Law Clerk, The Honorable Kelly H. Rankin, U.S. Chief Magistrate Judge for the District of Wyoming
- University of Wyoming, J.D., (with honors), 2013
- University of Wyoming, B.A., (Spanish), 2010
- University of Wyoming, B.A., (Criminal Justice), 2010
PRESENTATIONS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Wyoming Probate 101, Cheyenne Regional Medical Center Foundation (April 2019)
- Step-by-Step Guide to Drafting Wills and Trusts – Key Elements of Effective Wills, National Business Institute Seminar (November 2018)
The Probate Process from Start to Finish – Law of Intestate Succession & Handling Claims Against the Estate, National Business Institute Seminar (December 2017)
- Trusts from A to Z – Generation Skipping/Dynasty Trusts & Charitable Trusts, National Business Institute Seminar (June 2017)
- Estate Planning Presentations: Shaina enjoys presenting at no-cost presentations to meet with the Laramie County community and to answer questions and discuss just what probate entails as well as focusing on the importance, process, and goals of estate planning and why people need wills and trusts to avoid probate in our wild west State of Wyoming. .
COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Volunteer, CASA of Laramie County
- Volunteer, Equal Justice Wyoming
- Volunteer, Children’s Liturgy Minister, Holy Trinity Catholic Church
- Southeast Wyoming Estate Planning Council (2017 to current)
- Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce Red Carpet Committee (2017 to current; 2019 acting Vice Chair)
- Business Networking International, Vice President (2018 to current)
- Wyoming State Bar Association (2013 to current)
- United States District Court for the District of Wyoming (2014 to current)
- United States Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals (2015 to current)
- Wyoming Civil Pattern Jury Instruction Committee (2017-2019)
- Ewing T. Kerr American Inn of Court, (2013 to current, 2017-2019 acting Secretary)
- When not working with clients, volunteering, or giving presentations, Shaina spends time reading, running/lifting weights, cooking, playing the piano, and, most of all, being with her husband and toddler. Shaina is a Wyoming native, growing up in Douglas (home of the Jackelope!).
Contact Shaina A. Case