Shaina A. Case
Keelie J. Fike
Shaina A. Case is a transactional, client-centered attorney with Hirst Applegate, LLP, focusing her practice in wills, trusts, powers of attorney, probate, and trust administration. Shaina believes that preparing a well prepared estate plan is a gift we bestow upon ourselves while alive and well, and one of the last gifts we can leave our loved ones. Shaina also assists clients in preparing purchase and sale real estate agreements, landlord/tenant contracts, premarital agreements, and other contracts, filing forcible entry and detainer actions (evictions), forming business entities, and advising regarding creditor’s rights and liens. Most of all, Shaina’s client-centered practice means she cares about those she represents and ensures her clients are informed and heard.
January 2017 to Present – Associate, Hirst Applegate, LLP.
- Practice areas: Estate Planning, Estate Administration, Real Estate, Corporate and Business Law, and Contracts
September 2014 – October 2016 – Associate, Davis & Cannon, LLP
September 2013 – September 2014 – Law Clerk, The Honorable Kelly H. Rankin, U.S. Chief Magistrate Judge for the District of Wyoming
- University of Wyoming, J.D., (with honors), 2013
- University of Wyoming, B.A., (Spanish), 2010
- University of Wyoming, B.A., (Criminal Justice), 2010
PRESENTATIONS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- The Probate Process from Start to Finish – Uncovering the Laws of Intestacy and How They May Apply, National Business Institute Seminar (December 2019)
- Wyoming Probate 101, Cheyenne Regional Medical Center Foundation (April 2019)
- Step-by-Step Guide to Drafting Wills and Trusts – Key Elements of Effective Wills, National Business Institute Seminar (November 2018)
The Probate Process from Start to Finish – Law of Intestate Succession & Handling Claims Against the Estate, National Business Institute Seminar (December 2017)
- Trusts from A to Z – Generation Skipping/Dynasty Trusts & Charitable Trusts, National Business Institute Seminar (June 2017)
- Estate Planning Presentations: Shaina enjoys the opportunity to provide the community no-charge educational presentations regarding probate, wills, and trusts. Past presentation locations and partnerships have included, but are not limited to: Holy Trinity Catholic Church, Saints Constantine and Helen Greek Orthodox Church, Cheyenne Alliance Church, First Interstate Bank, LCCC Foundation, Blue Federal Credit Union, and Botanic Gardens, RW Baker Wealth Management, RBC Wealth Management, Edward Jones, and Thrivent Financial. Should you be interested in learning more, or scheduling a seminar, please contact Shaina by email or phone.
COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce “Emerging Leader” Finalist, 2020
- Volunteer, CASA of Laramie County
- Volunteer, Equal Justice Wyoming
- Volunteer, Children’s Liturgy Minister, Holy Trinity Catholic Church
- Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Cheyenne Class of 2019-2020
- Southeast Wyoming Estate Planning Council (2017 to current)
- Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce Red Carpet Committee (2017 to current; 2019 sitting Vice Chair, 2020 sitting Chair)
- Business Networking International, Effective Connections Chapter, Member and Vice President (April 2019 to current)
- Wyoming State Bar Association (2013 to current)
- United States District Court for the District of Wyoming (2014 to current)
- United States Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals (2015 to current)
- Wyoming Civil Pattern Jury Instruction Committee (2017-2019)
- Ewing T. Kerr American Inn of Court, (2013 to current, 2017-2019 acting Secretary)
- When not working with clients, volunteering, or giving presentations, Shaina spends time reading, running/lifting weights, cooking, playing the piano, and, most of all, being with her husband and two children. Shaina is a Wyoming native, growing up in Douglas (home of the Jackelope!).