Traci L. Lacock
Shelley G. Volz
Traci L. Lacock is a partner at Hirst Applegate, where she has practiced since 2014. Prior to her move to Cheyenne, she practiced in the trial division in the Office of the Wyoming State Public Defender in Casper, Wyoming. Currently Traci’s practice is focused on civil litigation, including professional liability, medical malpractice, professional licensing, trucking and insurance defense.
2017 – Present – Partner, Hirst Applegate, LLP
- Practice areas include: Professional liability, medical malpractice, professional licensing, insurance defense, and trucking litigation.
2014- 2016 – Associate, Hirst Applegate, LLP
2012 – 2014 – Associate, Hathaway & Kunz, P.C.
2009 – 2012 – Assistant Public Defender, Office of the Wyoming State Public Defender
2005 – 2007 – Law Clerk, First Judicial District Court, Laramie County, Wyoming
- University of Wyoming Law School, J.D., 2005
- University of Northern Colorado, BA (Journalism), 2002
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- Presentation, The Wyoming Medical Practice Act, Wyoming Association of Physician Assistant’s Annual Conference, July 2016
- Presentation, A Guide to Legal Medical Expert Consulting, Wyoming Medical Society Annual Conference, June 2016
- A Guide to Legal Medical Expert Consulting, Wyoming Medicine, Spring 2016, Vol., No2.
- Radelet, Michael L. & Traci Lacock. 2009. Do Executions Lower Homicide Rates? The Views of Leading Criminologists,
- 99 JOURNAL OF CRIMINAL LAW AND CRIMINOLOGY, March. Steen, Sara, Shelby McKinzey & Traci Lacock. 2012. Unsettling The Discourse of Punishment? Competing Narratives on Reentry and the Possibilities of Change, 14 PUNISHMENT AND SOCIETY, January 2013.
ACTIVITIES & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- 2018 – Super Lawyers Rising Star – Civil Litigation – Defense
- 2014 – 2016 Co-Chair Wyoming High School Mock Trial Competition
- Mining Association of Wyoming – President 2021-2022
- President – Rotary Club of Cheyenne
- Wyoming Business Report – Women of Influence – Law – 2021
- Wyoming Bar Association
- The Harmonie Group
Traci and her husband, Tom Lacock, have two children Raja and Nile. They enjoy their cabin and attending University of Wyoming sporting events.
Contact Traci L. Lacock