Billie L. M. Addleman
Shannon M. Ward
Billie L. M. Addleman is a partner at Hirst Applegate, where he has practiced law since 2004. Prior to joining Hirst Applegate, he clerked for the Honorable William C. Beaman, United States Magistrate for the United States District Court, District of Wyoming. His practice is focused primarily in the area of civil litigation, including professional liability, medical malpractice, premises liability, commercial litigation, real estate litigation, and professional licensing.
Mr. Addleman has appeared in Wyoming Federal and State Courts and argued before the Wyoming Supreme Court and Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals. Additionally, he represents clients before numerous licensing boards, including the Board of Medicine, Board of Dental Examiners, Board of Nursing, and Wyoming Real Estate Commission. He provides risk management training to realtors and long term care facilities.
Mr. Addleman currently serves as the Vice-President of the Wyoming State Bar.
The Importance of Documentation – Multiple presentations to Long Term Care Facilities and Realtors.
Why, How, and When it’s Time to have Difficult Conversations with Members of your Board – Wyoming Non Profit Conference – July 2018
Managing the Tar Baby: How to Handle the Complex Litigation File – Defense Lawyers Association of Wyoming – November 2017
Critical Policies for Non Profits – Wyoming Non Profit Conference – August 2016
Determining a Settlement Strategy – National Business Institute – December 2015
The Settlement Process – National Business Institute – December 2015
2004 to Present – Partner, Hirst Applegate, LLP.
- Currently serving as the firm’s Managing Partner
- Practice areas include: Medical Malpractice, Professional Liability, Professional Licensing, Wrongful Death, Personal Injury, Premises Liability, Real Estate
2003 – 2004 – Clerkship for Honorable William C. Beaman, United States Magistrate Judge, United States District Court, for Wyoming
1992 – 2003 – United States Army Reserves, Psychological Operations Specialist
- University of Wyoming, J.D., 2003
- University of Nevada, B.A. (Criminal Justice), 2000
- Thomas v. Sumner, 2015 WY 7, 341 P.3d 390 (Wyo. 2015)
- CCMH v. Pfeifle, 2014 WY 3, 317 P.3d 573 (Wyo. 2014)
- White v. Webb, 2012 WY 118, 285 P.3d 949 (Wyo. 2012)
- Union Pacific v. Caballo Coal Co., 2011 WY 24, 246 P.3d 867 (Wyo. 2011)
- Throckmartin v. Century 21 Top Realty, 2010 WY 23, 226 P.3d 793 (Wyo. 2010)
- Churchill v. Campbell County Memorial Hospital, 2010 WY 86, 234 P.3d 365 (Wyo. 2010)
- Cramer v. Powder River Coal, LLC, 2009 WY 45, 204 P.3d 974 (Wyo. 2009)
- Capshaw v. Osbon, 2008 WY 95, 190 P.3d 156 (Wyo. 2008)
- W.N. McMurry Constr. Co. v. Cmty. First Ins., 2007 WY 96, 160 P.3d 71 (Wyo. 2007)
- Vroman v. Town & Country Credit Corp., 2007 WY 82, 158 P.3d 141 (Wyo. 2007)
- Glover v. Crayk, 2005 WY 143, 122 P.3d 955 (Wyo. 2005)
- Jones v. State, 2003 WY 154, 79 P.3d 1021 (Wyo. 2003)
- TAGLaw firm member
- Defense Lawyers Association of Wyoming
- Wyoming Bar Association
ACTIVITIES & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Recognized by Chambers USA in the area of General Commercial Litigation.
- Recognized by Super Lawyers
- Recognized by Benchmark Litigation as a Litigation Star.
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in the area of Professional Malpractice, Medical Malpractice, and Commercial Litigation.
- 2018: Named to the “Finding 50” for Laramie County Community College
- 2017 to Present: Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce, Director.
- 2017 to Present: Paralegal Advisory Committee, Laramie County Community College.
- 2014 to 2015: Wyoming Association of Community College Trustees Foundation Volunteer of the Year.
- 2013 to 2018: Continuing Legal Education Committee, Wyoming State Bar, Chair (2017-2018).
- 2013 to present: University of Wyoming College of Law Advisory Committee.
- 2013: Rotarian of the Year, Rotary Club of Cheyenne.
- 2012: Twenty Under 40, Casper Star Tribune.
- 2011 to present: Laramie County Community College Foundation, Director.
- 2011 to 2016: Friends of Cheyenne Botanic Garden Foundation, Director.
- 2009 to 2016: Wyoming Community Foundation, Director.
- 2008 to 2011: Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee, Wyoming State Bar.
- 2008 to 2011: Leadership Wyoming Alumni Committee, Chair (2010-11).
- 2008: Leadership Wyoming Graduate.
- 2010-2011: Rotarian of the Year, District 5440.
- 2006 to 2007: University of Wyoming College of Law, Self-Study Committee, ABA Accreditation.
- 2005 to present: Rotary Club of Cheyenne; President (2010-11).
- 2004 to 2010: Law School Liaison Committee, Wyoming State Bar.
- 2004 to 2010: Foundation for Meals on Wheels of Cheyenne; President (2008-2009).
- 1999 to present: Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post 8914.
Mr. Addleman is married to Brandi Monger, J.D., Law Clerk, Honorable Nancy Freudenthal.
Contact Billie L. M. Addleman