Erin E. Berry
Erin E Berry is an associate at Hirst Applegate, LLP where she has practiced since 2018. Erin genuinely loves trial work and focuses her practice in the areas of employment, real estate, commercial and personal injury litigation. She has represented clients in trials in state and federal court, and before the Wyoming Supreme Court, 10th Circuit Court of Appeals, and administrative agencies. As a litigator, Erin’s practice is dynamic; she strives to balance maintaining a strong and vigorous position with empathy for all involved in the litigation process. Erin prides herself on her ability to powerfully and skillfully represent her clients through all aspects of litigation. Erin is also passionate about service and regularly participates in legal and non-legal community service. This commitment to service recently earned Erin the Pro Bono Award for Legal Services for Indigent Clients. Erin also serves as a member of the Board of Directors for the Friday Food Bag Foundation, an organization that provides food to children who may not eat well, or at all, over the weekends.
Prior to law school, Erin earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Molecular Biology with honors from the University of Wyoming in 2014. This science background greatly assists Erin in her legal practice, allowing her to better understand the scientific side of her cases. During college, Erin studied abroad in Australia and participated in volunteer projects in Peru and Costa Rica. Erin was also a recipient of the Multicultural Pride scholarship for leadership and commitment to diversity.
Erin graduated from the University of Wyoming College of Law with honors in 2018 and was subsequently inducted into the Order of the Coif. While in law school, she served as a staff member and published a case note for the Wyoming Law Review.
2018 to Present – Associate, Hirst Applegate, LLP.
- Practice areas: Civil Litigation, Employment Law, Transportation Law, Personal Injury Law, Commercial Litigation, Insurance Defense, and Real Estate
Fall 2017 – Extern for the Honorable Cathleen Parker, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Wyoming
Summer 2017 – Summer 2016 – Law Clerk, Hirst Applegate, LLP
2015 – 2014 – Admissions Representative, University of Wyoming
- University of Wyoming, College of Law, J.D., with honors 2018
- University of Wyoming, B.A. (Molecular Biology),with honors 2014
- Mattheis Co. v. Mulligan, 2021 WY 14, 479 P. 3d 1213 (Wyo. 2021)
- Osterling v. State, 2018 WY 95, 424 P.3d 250 (Wyo. 2018)
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- Product Liability Desk Reference: A Fifty-State Compendium (Wyoming Chapter).
- Preventing and Overcoming Attorney Burnout, Wyoming State Bar Annual Meeting & Judicial Conference, September 2022
- Starting a Workplace Well-Being Initiative (Wyoming Lawyer, June 2022)
- Updates in Wyoming Employment Law, Frontier Human Resources Associations Legal/Legislative Update, May 2022
- Balancing Work and Life, Wyoming State Bar Young Lawyers Section, April 2022
- The Helper’s High – One Reason to Commit to Pro Bono Work (Wyoming Lawyer, December 2021)
- An Evidence-Based Approach to Wellness – Why and How your Firm Should Have a Wellness Initiative, Wyoming State Bar Annual Meeting & Judicial Conference, September 2021
- The Current Status of Sexual Harassment in the Legal Profession (Wyoming Lawyer, April 2019)
- Bankruptcy Law — A Battle of Two Acts: Midland Funding, LLC v. Johnson, 137 S. Ct. 1407 (2017), 18 Wyo. L. Rev. 237 (2018)
ACTIVITIES & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Member, Ad Hoc Attorney Well-Being Committee (2023-present)
- Board Member, Friday Food Bag Foundation (2021 to present)
- Guest lecturer, University of Wyoming College of Law Summer Trial Institute (summer 2021; 2022)
- Secretary/Treasurer for the Wyoming State Bar Young Lawyers Section (2021 to 2022)
- Pro Bono Award for Legal Services for the Indigent Clients, Wyoming State Bar (2021)
- Excellence in Advocacy Award, University of Wyoming College of Law (2018)
- Wyoming State Bar Association
- United States District Court for the District of Wyoming
Erin has one son and loves to take him on adventures with her husband and their two dogs. Erin also enjoys fighting the Wyoming elements while attempting to garden, exploring unique foods, traveling, and cheering for the Wyoming Cowboys.
Contact Erin E. Berry