Erin E. Berry
Erin E Berry is an associate at Hirst Applegate, LLP where she has practiced since 2018. Erin’s practice focuses primarily in the areas of civil litigation, including employment, commercial, real estate, and personal injury litigation. Erin has represented clients in trials in state and federal court and administrative proceedings. Additionally, Erin has briefed and argued numerous summary judgment motions and briefed and argued before the Wyoming Supreme Court. As a trial attorney, Erin prides herself on her ability to thoughtfully and carefully advocate on behalf of her clients, while developing an attorney client relationship built on trust and confidence.
Erin earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Molecular Biology with honors from the University of Wyoming in 2014. During college, she studied abroad in Australia and participated in volunteer projects in Peru and Costa Rica. Erin was also a recipient of the Multicultural Pride scholarship for leadership and commitment to diversity.
Erin graduated from the University of Wyoming College of Law with honors in 2018. While in law school, she served as a staff member and published a case note for the Wyoming Law Review. During the fall 2017 semester, Erin served as an extern for the Honorable Cathleen Parker of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Wyoming. As a member of the Prosecution Assistance Clinic, Erin successfully represented the State of Wyoming in a criminal appeal before the Wyoming Supreme Court in 2018. Erin also represented the University of Wyoming College of Law in the National Voir Dire Tournament and the Pace Environmental Law National Moot Court Competition. Erin was also inducted as a member of the University of Wyoming College of Law Chapter of the Order of the Coif.
2018 to Present – Associate, Hirst Applegate, LLP.
- Practice areas: Civil Litigation, Professional Liability, Employment Law, Transportation Law, Personal Injury Law, Commercial Litigation, Insurance Defense, and Real Estate
Fall 2017 – Extern for the Honorable Cathleen Parker, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Wyoming
Summer 2017 – Summer 2016 – Law Clerk, Hirst Applegate, LLP
2015 – 2014 – Admissions Representative, University of Wyoming
- University of Wyoming, College of Law, J.D., with honors 2018
- University of Wyoming, B.A. (Molecular Biology),with honors 2014
- Mattheis Co. v. Mulligan, 2021 WY 14, 479 P. 3d 1213 (Wyo. 2021)
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- An Evidence-Based Approach to Wellness – Why and How your Firm Should Have a Wellness Initiative, Wyoming State Bar Annual Meeting & Judicial Conference, September 2021
- The Current Status of Sexual Harassment in the Legal Profession (Wyoming Lawyer, April 2019)
- Bankruptcy Law — A Battle of Two Acts: Midland Funding, LLC v. Johnson, 137 S. Ct. 1407 (2017), 18 Wyo. L. Rev. 237 (2018)
- Wyoming State Bar Association
- United States District Court for the District of Wyoming
- Ewing T. Kerr American Inn of Court
ACTIVITIES & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Board member, Friday Food Bag Foundation (2021 to present)
- Secretary/Treasurer for the Wyoming State Bar Young Lawyer Section (2021 to present)
- Pro Bono Award for Legal Services for Indigent Clients, Wyoming State Bar (2021)
- Excellence in Advocacy Award, University of Wyoming College of Law (2018)
Erin has one son and loves to take him on adventures with her husband, and their two dogs. Erin also enjoys fighting the Wyoming elements while attempting to garden, exploring unique foods, traveling, and cheering on the Wyoming Cowboys.