Erin E. Berry
Erin E Berry is an associate at Hirst Applegate, LLP where she has practiced since 2018. Erin earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Molecular Biology with honors from the University of Wyoming in 2014. During college, she studied abroad in Australia and participated in volunteer projects in Peru and Costa Rica. Erin was also a recipient of the Multicultural Pride scholarship for leadership and commitment to diversity.
Erin graduated from the University of Wyoming College of Law with honors in 2018. While in law school, she served as a staff member and published a case note for the Wyoming Law Review. During the fall 2017 semester, Erin served as an extern for the Honorable Cathleen Parker of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Wyoming. As a member of the Prosecution Assistance Clinic, Erin successfully represented the State of Wyoming in a criminal appeal before the Wyoming Supreme Court in 2018. Erin also represented the University of Wyoming College of Law in the National Voir Dire Tournament and the Pace Environmental Law National Moot Court Competition.
2018 to Present – Associate, Hirst Applegate, LLP.
- Practice areas: Civil Litigation, Employment Law, Transportation Law, Personal Injury Law, Commercial Litigation, Insurance Defense, and Real Estate
Fall 2017 – Extern for the Honorable Cathleen Parker, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Wyoming
Summer 2017 – Summer 2016 – Law Clerk, Hirst Applegate, LLP
2015 – 2014 – Admissions Representative, University of Wyoming
- University of Wyoming, College of Law, J.D., with honors 2018
- University of Wyoming, B.A. (Molecular Biology),with honors 2014
- Mattheis Co. b. Mulligan, 2021 WY 14, 479 P. 3d 1213 (Wyo. 2021)
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- Updates in Wyoming Employment Law, Frontier Human Resources Associations Legal/Legislative Update, May 2022
- The Helper’s High – One Reason to Commit to Pro Bono Work (Wyoming Lawyer, December 2021)
- An Evidence-Based Approach to Wellness – Why and How your Firm Should Have a Wellness Initiative, Wyoming State Bar Annual Meeting & Judicial Conference, September 2021
- The Current Status of Sexual Harassment in the Legal Profession (Wyoming Lawyer, April 2019)
- Bankruptcy Law — A Battle of Two Acts: Midland Funding, LLC v. Johnson, 137 S. Ct. 1407 (2017), 18 Wyo. L. Rev. 237 (2018)
ACTIVITIES & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Board Member, Friday Food Bag Foundation (2021 to present)
- Secretary/Treasurer for the Wyoming State Bar Young Lawyers Section (2021 to present)
- Pro Bono Award for Legal Services for the Indigent Clients, Wyoming State Bar (2021)
- Excellence in Advocacy Award, University of Wyoming College of Law (2018)
- Wyoming State Bar Association
- United States District Court for the District of Wyoming
Erin has one son and loves to take him on adventures with her husband and their two dogs. Erin also enjoys fighting the Wyoming elements while attempting to garden, exploring unique foods, traveling, and cheering for the Wyoming Cowboys.
Contact Erin E. Berry