Jake L. Vogt
Jake L. Vogt is an associate at Hirst Applegate, LLP where he has practiced since 2023. He graduated with honors from the University of Wyoming College of Law in May of 2022 and was later inducted into the Order of the Coif. While in law school, Jake had the privilege of externing for Magistrate Judge Rankin at the United States District Court and Chief Justice Fox at the Wyoming Supreme Court. Jake was the Editor-in-Chief of the Wyoming Law Review and a recipient of the Brimmer Scholar award. He also worked closely with Yellowstone National Park in planning the College of Law and School of Environment and Natural Resources symposium celebrating the 150th anniversary of Yellowstone being designated the world’s first national park.
Before law school, Jake graduated cum laude from Luther College in 2019 with a degree in Economics and Political Science, where he was also a member of the baseball team.
Before joining Hirst Applegate, Jake was a law clerk for Chief Justice Fox at the Wyoming Supreme Court from 2022-2023.
2023 to Present – Associate, Hirst Applegate, LLP.
- Practice areas: Civil Litigation, Professional Liability, Employment Law, Transportation Law, Personal Injury Law, Commercial Litigation, Insurance Defense, and Real Estate.
2022 to 2023 – Law Clerk, Chief Justice Fox, Wyoming Supreme Court
Spring 2021 – 2022 – Extern for Magistrate Judge Rankin, United States District Court and Chief Justice Fox, Wyoming Supreme Court (while in school)
Summer 2020 and Summer 2021 – Law Clerk, Hirst Applegate, LLP
- University of Wyoming College of Law, J.D., 2022 with honors
- Luther College Economics and Political Science, cum laude, 2019
- Wyoming State Bar Association
- United States District Court for the District of Wyoming
- American Inns of Court, Ewing T. Kerr Chapter
- Order of the Coif, University of Wyoming Chapter
Jake enjoys spending time in the mountains with his wife and their two dogs.