Khale J. Lenhart
Shelley G. Volz
Khale J. Lenhart is a partner at Hirst Applegate, where he has practiced since 2011. His practice is focused on civil litigation, including professional liability, personal injury, product liability and trucking law. Mr. Lenhart has argued before the Wyoming Supreme Court, and the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, and he also routinely practices before Wyoming federal and state trial courts. He was recognized in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in the area of civil litigation and in 2019 as a Wyoming Business Report 40 under 40. He currently serves as Treasurer of the Defense Lawyers Association of Wyoming (DLAW), is a past Chairman of the Laramie County Library System Board of Directors and the Laramie County Republican Party, and regularly serves on other boards for civic and charitable organizations.
- 2017 to Present – Partner, Hirst Applegate, LLP.
- Managing Partner (2023-present)
- Practice areas include: Civil Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation, Trucking Litigation, Products Liability Litigation, and Professional Liability Litigation.
- 2011 – 2016 – Associate, Hirst Applegate, LLP.
- 2009-2011 – Associate, Holland & Hart, LLP
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2009
- Lee University, B.A. (Political Science), summa cum laude, 2006
- Air Methods v. Dep’t of Workforce Servs., 2018 WY 128, 432 P.3d 476 (Wyo. 2018)
- Smith v. Cheyenne Ret. Investors L.P., 904 F.3d 1159 (10th Cir. 2018)
- EagleMed LLC v. Cox, 868 F.3d 893 (10th Cir. 2017)
- Thomas v. Rosenberger, 2015 WY 7, 341 P.3d 390 (Wyo. 2015)
- Moats v. Prof’l Assistance, LLC, 2014 WY 6, 319 P.3d 892 (Wyo. 2014)
- Wyo. Corporate Svcs. v. CNBC, LLC, 32F. Supp. 3d 1177 (D. Wyo. 2014)
- Weldon v. Ramstad-Hvass, 512 Fed. Appx. 783 (10th Cir. 2013)
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- Presentation, “Primer on Traumatic Brain Injury,” The Harmonie Group Construction and Transportation Seminar, Denver, CO, July 2017
- Presentation, “Contractual Indemnity and Additional Insureds,” The Harmonie Group Construction and Transportation Seminar, Dallas, TX, June 2016
- Co Author, “Medicare Liens, Why They Matter and What to Do About Them,” Wyo. Lawyer Feb. 2016
- Author, “Wyoming Election Law: Proposals For Reform,” 12 Wyo. Law. R. 29 (2012)
- Chapter Co-Author, “Uranium Mining and Milling,” The American Law of Mining, Second Edition, Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation, Matthew Bender & Co., New York (2010)
ACTIVITIES & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- 2020 – Present – Friends of Cheyenne Botanic Gardens, Vice Chair 2021 – Present
- 2019 – Wyoming Business Report 40 under 40
- 2018 – Present: Member, Wyoming State Bar Legislative Developments Committee
- 2018 – 2020: Member, Wyoming Excels Committee, Wyoming Business Alliance; Legislative Committee, Wyoming Business Alliance
- 2018 – 2022: Super Lawyers Rising Star – Civil Litigation, Personal Injury, and Products Liability.
- 2017 – Lee University, Distinguished Alumnus of the Year – History, Political Science, and Humanities
- 2015 – Defense Lawyers Association of Wyoming, Treasurer (2017-Present); Vice President of Amicus Briefing (2015-2017)
- 2015 – Leadership Wyoming Graduate
- 2013 – 2019 Chairman, Laramie County Library System, Board of Directors, Chairman (2015-2017); Treasurer (2013-2015)
- 2012 – Present: Rotary Club of Cheyenne
- 2009 – 2012: Cheyenne Housing and Community Development Advisory Council
- 2006 – 2009: Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, Executive Editor
- Wyoming Business Alliance
- Wyoming Bar Association
- Defense Lawyers of Wyoming (DLAW)
- The Harmonie Group
Mr. Lenhart and his wife Sarah have two children, Harper and Lillian. He is an avid hockey fan and is politically active supporting and advising political candidates and officials at multiple levels of government. He also writes a regular opinion column on Wyoming politics and policy.
Contact Khale J. Lenhart